Friday, 13 May 2016

Yeah, yeah, blogging's easy

I thought I'd be able to set up a 'mum' blog for parents who like fashion and pretty pictures, but hate all the usual 'perfect life' bullshit that comes with it in my "spare" time. Hahahahahah. I left British ELLE three years ago and became freelance whilst pregnant with my second child. I wanted to spend more time at home with my son and soon-to-be-born daughter, as to be honest, five days a week away from him was killing me. But I also had to figure out a way of maintaining a career and earning money knowing at some point the kids would go to school and getting back into work after 5 years off is pretty tough. I now I write, consult and even design stuff from offices all over London and no two days are the same. But I also look after two young kids, which is my priority, obviously. Hence why I don't know what I was thinking when I thought setting up a blog would be "easy" when I'm already writing into the night three to four nights a week.... I don't care about building a mega-brand; I'm no blogger entrepreneur. But I want a space to create something different, a space for mums who love fashion that's neither glitzy or prim. So I joined forces with my good friend Natalie, a stylist, who I met at ELLE and really rate and together we've created something less perfect, a place where interesting men and women can talk honestly about their experiences of parenthood. And the best thing? There are loads of pretty pictures and you can shop too.

No comments:

Post a Comment